You’re in Good Hands
When surgery is the best approach, our patients are in good hands. Our surgeons are consistently ranked among the best in the region, and our surgical team provides the highest level of expertise in spine and neurological procedures. In fact, Greenville Memorial Hospital has been ranked among the nation’s Top 50 hospitals in both neurology/neurosurgery and orthopaedic surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)
This treatment is designed to prevent seizures by sending regular, mild pulses of electrical energy to the brain via the vagus nerve. These pulses are supplied by a device that is similar to a pacemaker and are used in treatment of epilepsy and treatment-resistant depression.
This innovative procedure is a less-invasive way to treat problems affecting the blood vessels, such as an aneurysm, which is a swelling or “ballooning” of the blood vessel. The surgery involves making a small incision near each hip to access the blood vessels.
Endovascular procedures include:
- Clipping and coiling of cerebral aneurysms
- Pipeline embolization of cerebral aneurysms
- Treatment of AVM’s with open surgery, embolization and radiosurgery
- Treatment of AV fistulas with open surgery, embolization and radiosurgery
- Treatment of cavernomas
- Treatment of moyamoya disease with bypass surgery
- Treatment of strokes with mechanical thrombectomy
- Carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting
- Angioplasty and intracranial stenting for ICAD
- Venous stenting for intracranial hypertension
- WADA tests (Epilepsy)
- Venous sampling for Cushing’s disease
- Spinal angiogram
- ECIC bypass