The Greenville Health System (GHS) is committed to delivering the best in patient care, and we recognize that vendors are an essential part of that delivery. The GHS Vendor Program is designed to streamline the collection and management of key information regarding the regulatory and compliance status as well as business operations of our vendors and suppliers.
To learn more, please take time to read a letter from the Executive Director, GHS Materials Management.
We also encourage you to learn more about the Vendormate services.
BEGINNING DECEMBER 1, 2009 ALL VENDOR REPRESENTATIVES THAT CURRENTLY CALL ON GHS OR’s Ð OR MAY IN THE NEAR FUTURE Ð MUST COMPLETE AORNÕS OR PROTOCOL COURSE. AORN ISSUES ID CARDS TO REPRESENTATIVES WHO HAVE COMPLETED THIS TRAINING, AND A COPY OF YOUR CARD MUST BE SENT TO VENDORMATE IN ORDER FOR YOU TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR HAVING FULFILLED THAT DOCUMENT REQUIREMENT. BOTH THE AORN OR PROTOCOL COURSE OUTLINE AND AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOUR ID CARD SHOULD LOOK LIKE ARE AVAILABLE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
This card should be kept on your person each time you are in any GHS OR, and you may be required to show that card to OR staff at any time. If you have not already completed this course and do not have this card, you may enroll for the course now by visiting the following website: www.healthstream.com/repdirect.
GHS has partnered with Vendormate, Inc. in an effort to promote safety and confidentiality, as well as to encourage responsible, positive relationships between GHS and our vendors. As a part of this Vendor Program, the following items must be completed as a part of registering with Vendormate, Inc.:
- View vendor training video.
- Take the quiz*. Read instructions in their entirety prior to starting the quiz; follow each instruction exactly to avoid having to re-test unnecessarily. (* the quiz is best viewed with Internet Explorer 7. If you do not have Internet Explorer 7, you can download it here.)
- Read, print, and sign the Business Associate Agreement pertaining to HIPAA. If your company does not fall under the category of Òbusiness associateÓ per HIPAA guidelines, you are not required to sign this document. Instead, please read, print, and sign the Confidentiality and Privacy Statement. In either case, you are required to do BOTH of the following:
- scan and email your signed document to the GHS Purchasing Department at email@example.com where it will be kept on file (faxed copies may be sent to 864.455.0110, Attn: Vendor Program).
- send your signed document to Vendormate with your paperwork Ð upon receipt, you will receive credit for successfully fulfilling this document requirement.
Note that if this item is not received by Vendormate, your badge will NOT print.
Failure to submit a copy to Purchasing will constitute a violation and your Vendormate profile will be documented accordingly.
Test Instructions: Click on the quiz link*. (* the quiz is best viewed with Internet Explorer 7. If you do not have Internet Explorer 7, you can download it here.). Carefully read each question and select the most correct answer. There are 35 questions – you must correctly answer ALL of those (score 100%) to pass. Once you have completed the quiz, you will see the results page. If you fail, you must take the test again. If you pass, log into “ranking” and save a copy of the results page, both for your records and for submittal to Vendormate, by doing the following:
- Press the Control key (Ctrl) and the Print Screen key (Print Scrn).
- Open a blank Word document. Right click anywhere on the page and select Paste. This will paste a screen shot of your results into the document.
- Save this document for future reference.
- You will be required to submit a copy of the document containing this screen shot to Vendormate to receive credit for fulfilling this document requirement.
- If you are unable to view the test online, you may contact the Purchasing Department and obtain a paper copy of the test. You must email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, after which a copy of the test and answer sheet will be faxed to you. After you take the test, send a copy of your completed answer sheet to email@example.com (faxed copies may be sent to 864.455.0110, Attn: Vendor Program) so that it can be scored. You will be notified of your score via email Ð if you have passed, this email may be printed out and submitted to Vendormate so that you receive credit for fulfilling this document requirement.
Thank you for your time – we look forward to working with you!!!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding these procedures you may contact the GHS Purchasing Department:
GHS Purchasing Department
Ref: Vendor Program