One-stop Shop for Your Personal Health Information
MyChart is a free online tool provided by Epic—GHS’ electronic medical record—that serves as a centralized location for your health information. MyChart enables you to see key parts of your medical record, communicate with your care team and engage in your own care like never before.
You can also use MyChart to manage the health information of other family members, such as an aging parent (with his or her permission) or child, by setting up a proxy account.
Why Use MyChart?
Using MyChart, you can securely access your medical information online or through your mobile device. Here are some of the things you can do:
- View visit summaries and follow-up instructions from past appointments
- Submit medical questions to your doctor’s office
- Review medication lists and instructions
- Review your child’s or elderly parent’s medications through a proxy account (Add proxy account at your child’s / parents next office visit)
- View your child’s growth curve
- View and print immunization records
- Access SmartExam to receive a diagnosis and prescription (if needed) for common health conditions via email
- View preventive care recommendations
- Create and print a wallet card with your important health information
- View billing summaries and make payments
For the latest information on programs and services offered by Greenville Health System, view our Spring/Summer 2016 edition of Inside Health magazine.
Frequently Asked Questions About MyChart
How can I get access to MyChart?
For your convenience, you can sign up for My Chart at GHS in various ways. Ask your care provider for help, or pick the sign-up method that works best for you.
- Sign up at check-in or in the exam room
- Sign up using an activation code from your after-visit summary or billing statement
- Request an account online at mychart.ghs.org
What about mobile access?
After requesting an account, download the MyChart app. Select Greenville Health System as your medical center for mobile access to your MyChart account.
What will happen to my other GHS patient portal(s)?
The MyHealth First Network (Orion) portal will remain available, in addition to MyChart. Any other patient portal(s) will be active for a period of time. MyChart will not contain a copy of all the information found in the other portal(s).
What if I have a MyChart account at another facility?
Even if you have another MyChart account at another facility, you still need to create a GHS MyChart account. However, you can easily link your accounts online through a MyChart tool called Lucy.
SmartExam is a virtual, secure, convenient tool that can be accessed through your MyChart account. SmartExam connects you to healthcare, and is available 24 hours a day. Learn more at ghs.org/smartexam.
Help & Support
For questions about MyChart, email MyChartPortal@ghs.org or call our MyChart Patient Support Line at 1-844-432-6893.