Improving Outcomes for Stroke Patients
Stroke is one of the leading causes of death and the number one preventable cause of disability in South Carolina. As part of our mission, Greenville Health System has developed a Stroke Center with the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options in the upstate.
At the Stroke Center, we are dedicated to providing the best quality stroke care in the Upstate of South Carolina. The stroke program at Greenville Memorial Hospital (GMH) has been certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center since 2009. We also maintain Gold-Plus and Target Stroke-Elite Plus performance status with the American Heart Association’s Get With the Guidelines program. Our Greer Memorial Hospital Stroke program has Gold and Target Stroke-Honor Roll performance status with the American Heart Association’s Get With the Guidelines program.
Our certifications and comprehensive programs mean stroke patients benefit in the following ways …
- GMH is a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. A Certified Primary Stroke Center distinction recognizes exceptional efforts and advanced services that are critical to achieving improved stroke outcomes.
- Fellowship-trained neurologists specializing in stroke care on-site.
- Dedicated Neuroscience and Stroke unit as well as a dedicated Neuro ICU with nurses who have received advanced training in stroke care.
- Integrated comprehensive stroke rehabilitation program. With Roger C. Peace Rehabilitation Hospital (RCP), stroke patients begin therapy inpatient and continue after they are discharged.
- Community stroke education provides information and tips to on how to avoid stroke.
- 24 hour access to a GHS neurologist and neurosurgeon
- Only hospital in Upstate South Carolina offering endovascular treatment for stroke and other cerebrovascular diseases.
Give Us Your Feedback
If you’ve been a patient or caregiver for someone who had a stroke and was treated by our care team, take a moment and complete the brief satisfaction survey below.
Retreat & Refresh Stroke Camp
The GHS Cerebrovascular & Stroke Center is proud to have recently sponsored Retreat & Refresh Stroke Camp for stroke survivors and caregivers. Click below to view photos from the event.
‘Accepted as I was.’ Camp offers a break.
After Judy West woke up from knee replacement surgery, she realized she couldn’t talk or move her left side. Tragically, the Greenville woman had suffered a stroke during the operation. Read about her experience at Stroke Camp here: