“Epic” Changes Coming Soon!
Oconee Memorial Hospital and GHS physician practices in Oconee County are improving your patient care experience by moving to a new electronic medical record (EMR) and billing system called Epic beginning in October. Epic will help us transform healthcare by allowing physicians and other care givers to have electronic access to your records, making care even safer and more efficient. As with any new computer system, there is a learning curve. We thank you for your patience.
Here are some ways that Epic can help us improve our services to you:
- Advanced patient portal: We’re providing our patients with a free online patient portal called MyChart. Using MyChart on your computer or mobile device, you can message your care provider, view test results and immunizations, ask for prescription refills, and much more!
- Efficient information access: Over a period of time, GHS will use just one health information system instead of using many different computer systems to manage your information.
- Enhanced patient safety: GHS clinicians are using Epic to enhance patient safety. The system allows for drug interaction and allergic reaction checks and also generates patient education reminders and after visit summaries.
- Secure information: Epic protects your health information by making sure that only essential health care individuals have access to view your health information. Epic also meets all federal patient privacy guidelines (HIPPA).
- Billing system updates: Starting in October, you’ll begin to receive a newly designed physician bill. Since the new system will begin in October, any balance on visits prior to that will need to be paid separately. So, if you are used to paying for your current visit and any prior balances at the same time, you will need to be prepared to bring two separate checks or will be asked for two separate credit card swipes.
Inpatient & Emergency Services
When care requires an overnight stay, Oconee Memorial Hospital has beautiful and spacious patient rooms offering privacy and comfort. Many of the rooms on the upper floors include panoramic views of Lake Keowee and the Blue Ridge Mountains. From birthing suites for families, to a dedicated center for patients having joint replacement surgery and everything in between, Oconee Medical Campus has the facilities and highly-skilled nursing and clinical staff to meet every need.
Location & Directions
298 Memorial Drive
Seneca, SC 29672 (View Map)
Phone: (864) 882-3351
Many patients at Oconee Memorial Hospital are cared for by our team of hospitalists. Our hospitalist program is one of the ways we ensure patients receive the highest caliber of care during their hospital stay.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients while they are in the hospital. Our hospitalist service features a team of full-time internal medicine and family medicine physicians who dedicate 100 percent of their time to the hospital focusing their attention on hospitalized patients. Due to their knowledge and familiarity with the hospital, our hospitalists are skilled in utilizing our resources very effectively and efficiently.
Hospitalists work closely with the patient’s primary care physician to make sure patients receive the best possible care during their hospital stay. Patients who do not have a family physician are assigned to the hospitalist program upon admission to. This way, we ensure every patient receives optimal health care.
Our hospitalists provide around-the-clock care and are board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and American Academy of Family Physicians. They order tests, prescribe medications, monitor patients’ progress and ensure patients receive the highest level of care while in the hospital. They even help patients after their hospital discharge by arranging follow-up care with primary and specialty care physicians by referring them to appropriate programs and ensuring they have the prescription medications they need.
Taking good care of our neighbors when emergencies interrupt their lives is the top priority of Oconee Memorial Hospital’s Emergency Department. The emergency department provides emergency services 24 hours a day. Our emergency room staff sets high standards for your care, and we take pride in meeting and exceeding these standards. Our emergency department physicians are residency-trained and board-certified in emergency medicine. Our emergency department nurses have completed advanced training in emergency care, including advanced cardiac life support.
Our emergency department features 20 beds and is supported by technology such as an electronic data management system that enables staff to enter patient information and treatment notes into an electronic medical record. This allows physicians to treat emergencies faster and assure better quality of care throughout the patient’s emergency room visit.
Additionally, the emergency department is located in close proximity to diagnostic services such as radiology and cardiology, resulting in a more comprehensive and quicker diagnosis, again facilitating the best possible care.