Greer Memorial Hospital has achieved Magnet recognition as a reflection of its nursing professionalism, teamwork and superiority in patient care. The American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program ® distinguishes organizations that meet rigorous standards for nursing excellence.
With this credential, Greer Memorial joins the global community of Magnet-recognized organizations. Just 448 U.S. healthcare organizations out of more than 6,300 U.S. hospitals have achieved Magnet recognition. Greer is the fourth hospital in the state and the first and only hospital in Greenville County to achieve Magnet recognition.
- A women’s center with a dedicated elevator to private labor/delivery/recovery rooms with whirlpool bath, baby care station and sofa bed
- Expanded emergency room beds
- Inpatient pediatric unit
- State-of-the-art operating suites
- Full-range of imaging services – MRI, nuclear imaging, radiology, CT
- A café featuring a four-story skylight and outside garden seating
- Family care centers with computer facilities, restrooms, kitchens and gas fireplaces
Patient Room Features
- Nursing care stations
- Flat screen televisions
- DVD players
- Movies on demand
- Sofa beds for Care Partners
- Concierge services
- Bedside registration
Breastfeeding classes prepare couples for the breastfeeding experience and offer practical solutions for breastfeeding problems. Classes are offered on select Sunday afternoons. Please call (864) 797-8700 for dates and time.
OB tours are offered on select weekend and evenings at no charge. Please call (864) 797-8700 for dates and time.
Map and Directions
830 South Buncombe Road, Greer, SC 29650
Recognition & Awards
Greer Memorial Hospital has been named in Truven 100 Top Hospitals and has a CMS 5-star hospital rating for infection control and clinical quality. Additional honors include:
- 2017 100 Safe Care Hospitals
- Truven 100 Top Hospitals
- Zero Surgical Site Infections During Knee Replacement Surgeries
- Zero Surgical Site Infections During Hip Replacement Surgeries
- Zero Surgical Site Infections During Colon Surgeries
- Zero Surgical Site Infections During Abdominal Hysterectomies
- Zero Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI)