When You Need Great Care, We’re Here.
At Greenville Memorial Hospital, the flagship hospital of Greenville Health System, we care for people from around Greenville and around the Southeast. We make every effort to ensure that patients and their families are comfortable and confident in the care they’re receiving.
Greenville Memorial Hospital has 710 beds for providing care to individuals requiring an inpatient stay. The hospital also houses GHS Children’s Hospital, the Upstate’s only comprehensive program dedicated exclusively to children, along with a Children’s Emergency Center.
The Family Birthplace, our labor and delivery unit, brings more than 6,000 babies into the world each year. SC BlueCross honored Greenville Memorial Hospital as a Blue Distinction Center+ for Maternity Care, which recognizes hospitals that demonstrate expertise in patient safety and positive health outcomes at an affordable cost. The Bryan Neonatal Intensive Care Unit provides expert care for our tiniest patients.
Programs and Services
- The Family Birthplace
- GHS Children’s Hospital
- 24-hour Level I emergency trauma center
- Children’s Emergency Center
- Marshall I. Pickens Hospital (behavioral health)
- Upstate Pharmacy
- Diagnostic services (GI lab, radiology services)
- Ambulatory surgery
- Acute care (renal services, orthopaedics, neurosciences, surgery)
- Transitional care
- Turrentine Patient Education Center
Other Programs at GMMC
- GHS Cancer Institute
- GHS Heart & Vascular Institute
- ITOR: Institute for Translational Oncology Research
- Life Center Health & Conditioning Club
- Roger C. Peace Rehabilitation Hospital
- Sleep Center
- HeartLife (cardiac rehabilitation)
- Memorial Medical Office Building
- University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville