The Board of Directors is the policy-making body of the Greenville Chamber. Its members represent the business and professional leadership of the community. The board meets monthly to receive updates on Chamber business and objectives, as well as community-wide initiatives.
2017 board members include:
- Brenda Thames, Greenville Health System – chairwoman
- David Lominack, TD Bank – immediate past chairman
- Keith Miller, Greenville Technical College – chairman- elect
- Steve Bailey, Merus Refreshment Services – vice chairman, business growth
- Phillip Kilgore, Ogletree Deakins – vice chairman, business advocacy
- Toby Stansell, Acumen IT – vice chairman, economic growth & prosperity
- Steven Buckingham, The Law Office of Steven Edward Buckingham – general counsel
- Neil Batavia, Dority & Manning – vice chairman, talent
- Todd Davidson, Nexsen Pruet LLC – vice chairman, diversity & inclusion
- Will Huss, Trehel – vice chairman, investor relations
- Leesa Owens, Michelin NA – vice chairwoman, communications & community engagement
- Adela Mendoza, Hispanic Alliance – vice chairwoman, leadership development
- Jon Chilton, BB&T – treasurer
- Carlos Phillips, Greenville Chamber president & CEO
Dr. Thames joined GHS in 2007. In her current role, she is responsible for the leadership and strategic direction of all education and workforce development initiatives at GHS. She works with local schools and regional colleges and universities to develop collaborative partnerships focused on advancing health care through improved and expanded opportunities for current and future health professionals.
Prior to joining GHS, Dr. Thames served as associate dean for research and graduate studies in the College of Health, Education and Human Development at Clemson University.
Dr. Thames serves on numerous boards and committees representing the voice of health care, particularly from education and workforce perspectives. She earned a bachelor’s degree in home economics from Mississippi State University as well as a master’s degree in guidance and counseling and a doctorate in vocational and technical education from Clemson University.