Every February we hear ideas on to show others that you love them. How about starting this year by loving yourself? Use your energy to find ways to appreciate who you are! Feel good about your appearance and confident in how you greet the world each day using these five tips from Prisma Health Carolina Aesthetics:
1) Dry winter skin. Re-hydrate your skin by using a humidifier in your home and applying a daily moisturizer that is right for your skin type. People with oily skin tend to refrain from using moisturizers, which is a big mistake. There are excellent moisturizers on the market specifically formulated for oily skin. Also, avoid very long, very hot showers, which actually serve to dry out our skin.
2) Wrinkles. Keeping your skin healthy and hydrated is the first way to prevent or minimize facial wrinkles. Sun damage is the number one contributor to this sign of aging, so always wear sunscreen! Botox and dermal fillers, such as Juvederm and Sculptra, that are administered by a qualified physician, can dramatically erase fine lines and restore some of the volume loss that occurs as we age.
3) Ineffective cosmetics. The most important thing in your choice of cosmetics is to avoid certain ingredients that can damage or irritate your skin. Be sure to avoid products that contain dyes, fragrances, talc, harsh chemicals, alcohol, mineral oil or fillers. On the flip side, make sure your products do include an SPF of 30 or higher, and a pure mineral makeup is especially preferable for those with sensitive skin.|
4) Uneven skin tone. While some skin discoloration is caused by skin conditions, most brown spots are caused by ultra violet radiation (i.e., the sun). Just think about the word radiation for a moment … got it? Now, understand that the number one anti-aging skin care product is a sunscreen that you will actually use every day. There are so many different types of sunscreen now that you can easily find one that suits your skin and lifestyle. Make sure it is broad spectrum, has an SPF of at least 30 and is re-applied often if you are outside, in the water or are sweating. To minimize brown spots that have already occurred, there are some creams that may help, but typically a treatment with a laser or intense pulsed light machine is your best choice.
5) Sagging skin. Unfortunately there is no product that can provide much improvement to loose skin. However, if this is important to you, and you are willing to pursue surgical options, procedures are available that can lift the neck and face, remove excess skin or augment the breast.
Carolina Plastic Surgery & Aesthetics is a medical day spa directed by board certified dermatologists and plastic surgeons. Whether you are interested in the very best skin care products, aesthetic services like microdermabrasion and chemical peels, minimally invasive procedures like Botox and fillers, or full blown cosmetic surgery, we can provide what you need. To learn more, visit our website.