Care for illness and injury: A quick guide for parents

Having a kid of any age comes with its fair share of bumps and bruises. Occasionally, an injury will warrant a visit to the Emergency Department (ED), while others may just need a call to your pediatrician or some TLC at home.

Here are some tips for when to call your pediatrician versus when you should go directly to the ED:

Call your pediatrician for the following:

Visit a Prisma Health Emergency Department for anything serious:

Some minor illnesses and injuries can be treated at home:

Lorraine A. Bruce, MD, is a pediatrician with Clemson-Seneca Pediatrics. Learn more about Clemson-Seneca Pediatrics or find another Prisma Health pediatrician near your work or home here. You also can call 1-844-447-3627 for help connecting with a pediatrician.

Want useful health information delivered to your inbox each month? Sign up for our health e-newsletter by clicking here.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

Leave a Reply