If you suffer from Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and prescription medication no longer helps and you don’t want to move forward with invasive surgical treatments, Stretta Therapy may be the right option for you.
GERD is a condition that occurs when the muscle between your stomach and esophagus is weak, stomach contents like acid or bile can reflux up into your esophagus causing GERD symptoms. Chronic symptoms occurring more than twice a week may be considered GERD.
Stretta is a non-surgical, outpatient procedure that treats the underlying cause of GERD – a weak muscle between the stomach and esophagus. Stretta has been shown to:
• Significantly reduce GERD symptoms
• Eliminate or decrease medications
• Decrease acid exposure
• Improve quality of life
• Treatment is delivered at multiple levels in lower esophagus
• RF energy stimulates the muscle to grow over time
• After the sedation wears off, you can be taken home
Treatment goal: a thicker muscle to improve barrier function and prevent all types of reflux events (acid, bile, etc.)