Greenville Health System is at the forefront of robotic surgery. Robotic surgery is a ground breaking alternative to conventional open surgery and traditional laparoscopy.
da Vinci Surgery
Today, complex conditions ranging from prostate cancer to uterine prolapse, fibroids and even heart disease can be treated minimally invasively with da Vinci Surgery. This approach uses a robotic surgical system that provides the Greenville Health System Robotics Program surgeons better vision, more precision and control. It requires only a few small incisions, so you can get back to your life faster — without the usual recovery following major surgery.
GHS Urology Surgeons are delivering the #1 choice for treatment of localized prostate cancer in the United States, the da Vinci Prostatectomy. GHS’s da Vinci Prostatectomy, a minimally invasive, robotic-assisted surgical procedure removes the cancerous prostate gland and related structures.
The potential benefits of GHS’s da Vinci Prostatectomy are:
- Effective Cancer Control: Studies have shown that experienced surgeons have achieved excellent results in removing prostate cancer without leaving cancer cells behind.
- Improved and Early Return of Sexual Function: Studies have shown that most patients have a rapid return of sexual function.
- Improved and Early Return of Continence: Studies have shown that most patients have a rapid return of urinary continence.
- Improved Results over Traditional Treatments: Patients may benefit from surgical treatment of localized prostate cancer, the established gold standard, as compared to radiation. Surgery has a higher and longer survival rate than radiation or other treatments. Surgery also has a lower risk of long-term complications than radiation treatments.
Minimally Invasive Surgery: The da Vinci System enables GHS surgeons to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision.
Additional patient benefits may include:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Shorter recovery time
- A faster return to normal daily activities
Our daVinci Surgeons
Contact us at (864) 797-7450 to learn more, or to schedule an appointment today at one of our convenient locations.