Keowee Family Urology provides urinary and reproductive care to both adult and pediatric patients in the Seneca, South Carolina area. We’re committed to the detection, treatment and prevention of diseases and conditions affecting the urinary system (kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra) as well as disorders of the male reproductive system. Through the use of the latest diagnostic testing and modern treatment techniques, we can effectively identify and treat conditions such as urinary tract infections, urinary incontinence, overactive bladders, interstitial cystitis, infertility, kidney stones, prostate cancer and erectile dysfunction.
If you suffer from recurrent bladder infections, urinary incontinence or prostate problems it may be time to seek care from an urologist.
Keowee Family Urology offers a full spectrum of urologic care for the following conditions:
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Female Urology / Incontinence
- Male Infertility
- Overactive bladder
- Peyronie disease
- Prostate Disorders (benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or enlarged prostate, infections of the prostate)
- Stone disease
- Urologic oncology (cancer of the bladder, prostate, kidney, testicles, penis or ureter)
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Urinary Tract Stones
- Voiding Disorders
- Adrenal surgery
- Female sling surgery and cystoecele repair
- Interstim neuro modulation implantation
- Laser prostatectomy
- Nephrectomy (kidney removal) both laparoscopic partial and total
- Penile implant surgery
- Transurethral needle ablation (TUNA)
- Urodynamic evaluation
- Vasectomy reversal and variococele repair
- Circumcision and revision
- Congential duplication surgery
- Endoscopic and open surgical correction of vesicoureteral reflux
- Enuresis/voiding dysfunction treatment
- Hernia/hydrocele surgery
- Hypospadius repair
- Penile chordee (curvature) surgery
- Undescended testicle surgery
- Ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection treatment
Physician referral is not required. Please call (864) 885-7475 to schedule an appointment.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m
Collection Of Patient Amounts Due
Insurance companies require that we collect any co-pay or co-insurance amounts at the time of service. We will collect the co-pay amounts at the time of check-in to avoid a wait at checkout. All co-insurance amounts will be collected at the time of check-out. Please understand that you will be responsible for any amounts not paid by your insurance company.
We understand that temporary financial problems may effect timely payment of your balance. We encourage you to communicate any such problems so that we may assist you in the management of your account.
We understand that there may be special agreements between parents regarding a child’s medical expenses. However, the parent that brings the child in for a visit is responsible for making payment on that date of service.
Dismissal Of Patients For Financial Reasons
Patients can be dismissed from the practice for a number of reasons, including the following financial situations:
Collection Agency Turnover will result in a dismissal from the practice if a patient fails to pay his or her balance within thirty days of turnover. Expedited dismissal occurs when a patient is not honoring his or her financial responsibilities. All patients should be given at least thirty days notice before being dismissed from practice unless instructed otherwise by physician.
Prescription Refill Requests By Phone
We will generally need to see an existing patient back in the office prior to calling in a prescription. However, in rare cases where it’s appropriate to write the prescription, there will be a $15.00 charge in order to cover operating costs. This is not generally covered by your insurance.