At Upstate Surgical Associates, we are dedicated to providing the finest in surgical care for our patients. Our team is skilled in a variety of innovative and minimally invasive procedures to speed recovery and return patients to normal activity as quickly as possible.
Upstate Surgical Associates is dedicated to providing quality, personalized and compassionate care. We value the relationships we form with every patient, which are maintained until our patients are completely healed. Our medical team focuses on each patient individually, educating them about their medical condition, treatment options and surgery details.
“Epic” Changes Coming Soon!
Oconee Memorial Hospital and GHS physician practices in Oconee County are improving your patient care experience by moving to a new electronic medical record (EMR) and billing system called Epic beginning in October. Epic will help us transform healthcare by allowing physicians and other care givers to have electronic access to your records, making care even safer and more efficient. As with any new computer system, there is a learning curve. We thank you for your patience.
Here are some ways that Epic can help us improve our services to you:
• Advanced patient portal: We’re providing our patients with a free online patient portal called MyChart. Using MyChart on your computer or mobile device, you can message your care provider, view test results and immunizations, ask for prescription refills, and much more!
• Efficient information access: Over a period of time, GHS will use just one health information system instead of using many different computer systems to manage your information.
• Enhanced patient safety: GHS clinicians are using Epic to enhance patient safety. The system allows for drug interaction and allergic reaction checks and also generates patient education reminders and after visit summaries.
• Secure information: Epic protects your health information by making sure that only essential health care individuals have access to view your health information. Epic also meets all federal patient privacy guidelines (HIPPA).
• Billing system updates: Starting in October, you’ll begin to receive a newly designed physician bill. Since the new system will begin in October, any balance on visits prior to that will need to be paid separately. So, if you are used to paying for your current visit and any prior balances at the same time, you will need to be prepared to bring two separate checks or will be asked for two separate credit card swipes.
Breast Surgery and Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
Procedures performed in the Breast Care Center at Oconee Memorial Hospital.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
The term “minimally invasive surgery” (including laparoscopy) covers a wide range of techniques designed to minimize scarring, pain and recovery time. Minimally invasive surgical approaches are applicable to a wide variety of abdominal procedures. Our team is skilled in the latest laparoscopic procedures including:
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Hernia Repair
- Colon Surgery
Oncology (Cancer) Surgery
Surgery is an important part of the cancer treatment process, playing a vital role in diagnosis, staging and removal of cancerous tissue. We guide our patients through every step of cancer treatment, from diagnosis to recovery.
To examine the colon, or large intestine, a colonoscopy is performed on an outpatient basis. A colonoscopy is the most accurate way to detect colon polyps and colon cancer, and the only test where polyps can be removed.
Upper Endoscopy (EGD)
Upper endoscopy is a test performed to evaluate symptoms of persistent upper abdominal pain, bleeding, nausea, vomiting or difficulty swallowing. During the procedure, the lining of the esophagus, stomach and part of the small intestine is examined through a thin, flexible tube with a small light and camera lens, called an endoscope.
Click on a provider's photo to see their profile