An Enhanced Daily Life
Whether residents stay for a few days or weeks or call Lila Doyle home, our goal is to make them feel comfortable, content and well taken care of. Our well-kept facility and grounds and wide range of amenities and activities provide relaxed living in a friendly, supportive environment.
Facility highlights include …
- A full-time, on-site physician and medical director who makes caring for Lila Doyle patients her top priority, who understands the needs of patients and families and who provides continuity of care. Our medical director provides patient assessment, diagnosis and treatment while working closely with the rest of the Lila Doyle care team.
- Well-equipped rooms for medical examinations, therapeutic activities and exercise.
- Comfortable resident rooms with many amenities.
- Free wireless computer access provided throughout the facility for residents and their guests.
- Private, comfortable conversation areas for use by residents, families and visitors.
- Lila’s Café, a table-service dining room, complete with a baby grand piano that is frequently played during meals. Café staff members serve meals to residents prepared onsite in our state-of-the-art kitchen.
- Ample space for private family social functions and events. Families may choose and reserve
one of our spacious day rooms as available.
- Light, airy interior spaces with plentiful views of the outdoors and access to secure outdoor areas featuring gardens, a children’s playground and a gazebo containing a gas grill.
- Rehabilitation gym featuring state-of-the-art equipment and modalities. Colorful, scenic murals on the walls enhance the rehabilitation experience.
- Security system for residents with enhanced security needs.
- A full-time registered dietitian to provide additional oversight and education with all dietary concerns.
- Specialty program for residents with advanced dementia and other cognitive deficits.
GHS Lila Doyle, a part of Oconee Memorial Hospital, is owned and operated by Greenville Health System (GHS). In addition to being home to residents requiring long-term care, we are a rehabilitation center with a full complement of therapy services for those needing short-term placement following a hospitalization because of surgery or illness.
We’re located on the site of the original Oconee Memorial Hospital, which opened in 1939. In the 1930s, a group of concerned citizens raised funds to build a community hospital. Dr. William Doyle and his wife, Lila, donated 15 acres of farmland for this purpose. At their deaths, they donated the remainder of their 150-acre farm to the hospital, along with cash assets. To honor them, our facility was named for Mrs. Doyle.