Selecting the right nursing and rehabilitation center is an important decision. At GHS Lila Doyle, a nursing and rehabilitation center, our care focuses on creating a homelike atmosphere for our year-round residents and short-term rehabilitation patients.
We take pride in the care we provide for those who live in our facility. In fact, it’s likely that you may know some of our staff members, since many grew up in the area. We are community members taking care of community members. As a staff, we have cared for our parents, grandparents, neighbors and friends, and are honored to care for your loved ones.
GHS Lila Doyle, a part of Oconee Memorial Hospital, is owned and operated by Greenville Health System (GHS). In addition to being home to residents requiring long-term care, we are a rehabilitation center with a full complement of therapy services for those needing short-term placement following a hospitalization because of surgery or illness.
We’re located on the site of the original Oconee Memorial Hospital, which opened in 1939. In the 1930s, a group of concerned citizens raised funds to build a community hospital. Dr. William Doyle and his wife, Lila, donated 15 acres of farmland for this purpose. At their deaths, they donated the remainder of their 150-acre farm to the hospital, along with cash assets. To honor them, our facility was named for Mrs. Doyle.
Resident-centered Medical Care
Offering resident-centered health care is an important part of our approach to residents’ care and guides our day-to-day culture. Our resident-focused environment combines traditional nursing, rehabilitation services and holistic approaches for care and wellness. Lila Doyle employs a team of highly qualified medical professionals, including a full-time dedicated physician and medical director, other physicians, registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, licensed practical nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists.
Our residents have full access to healthcare resources such as physicians and other medical experts, and services such as laboratory, radiology, ambulance and emergency. With our location on the Oconee Memorial Hospital campus, our residents receive prompt health care both day and night.
Lila Doyle adheres to the standards established by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control. Exercise and rehabilitation sessions are scheduled appropriately, with prevention and safety in mind, so residents retain mobility and maintain their independence for as long as possible.
Long-term Care Resident Life
Long-term care at Lila Doyle means taking the time to provide for all of a resident’s needs. This approach includes combining valuable medical care with special programs and amenities to enhance a resident’s quality of life. Occupational, physical and speech therapists are available in addition to care from physicians and registered and licensed nurses.
We offer special programs, such as our Namaste Care program for residents with advanced dementia and other cognitive deficits. The program, which involves soothing music, calming videos and hand and foot massages provided in a serene environment, has made a noticeable difference in the lives of many of the residents enrolled in the program.
Our long-term care residents receive …
• 24-hour skilled nursing care
• Rehabilitation therapy as indicated
• Individualized care plans
Rehabilitation Encourages Healing
The short-term rehabilitation program at Lila Doyle specializes in treating the unique needs of people who are in transition between the hospital and home. People who have experienced significant changes in their lives, such as strokes, neurologic disorders, joint replacements and fractures are among those who benefit from Lila Doyle’s rehabilitation services.
Our rehabilitation center is also a place for those who have experienced exacerbations of a chronic illness, such as respiratory disorders or arthritis, and those who become debilitated because of a long hospitalization.
Lila Doyle’s short-term rehabilitation program uses a comprehensive, interdisciplinary team approach that places the patient at the center of the treatment plan. We invite and appreciate family involvement throughout the patient’s stay at Lila Doyle. Our goal is to help our patients achieve their highest possible level of physical, social and emotional independence.
The goal of our physical, occupational and speech therapists is to return patients to their homes where they can function as independently as possible. We work closely with family members, physicians and home health to ensure a smooth transition after discharge.
Enhanced Daily Life
Whether residents stay for a few days or weeks or call Lila Doyle home, our goal is to make them feel comfortable, content and well taken care of. Our well-kept facility and grounds and wide range of amenities and activities provide relaxed living in a friendly, supportive environment.
Facility highlights include …
- A full-time, on-site physician and medical director who makes caring for Lila Doyle patients her top priority, who understands the needs of patients and families and who provides continuity of care. Our medical director provides patient assessment, diagnosis and treatment while working closely with the rest of the Lila Doyle care team.
- Well-equipped rooms for medical examinations, therapeutic activities and exercise.
- Comfortable resident rooms with many amenities.
- Free wireless computer access provided throughout the facility for residents and their guests.
- Private, comfortable conversation areas for use by residents, families and visitors.
- Lila’s Café, a table-service dining room, complete with a baby grand piano that is frequently played during meals. Café staff members serve meals to residents prepared onsite in our state-of-the-art kitchen.
- Ample space for private family social functions and events. Families may choose and reserve
one of our spacious day rooms as available.
- Light, airy interior spaces with plentiful views of the outdoors and access to secure outdoor areas featuring gardens, a children’s playground and a gazebo containing a gas grill.
- Rehabilitation gym featuring state-of-the-art equipment and modalities. Colorful, scenic murals on the walls enhance the rehabilitation experience.
- Security system for residents with enhanced security needs.
- A full-time registered dietitian to provide additional oversight and education with all dietary concerns.
- Specialty program for residents with advanced dementia and other cognitive deficits.
Recreational services at Lila Doyle can bring joy to life through companionship, activities and laughter. Our recreational programs and events are based on residents’ interests and include …
- Residents’ Council (all residents or patients are invited to provide input about all aspects of their stay at Lila Doyle; group meets monthly)
- Physically stimulating group activities
- Church services and religious activities
- Musical performances
- Recreational games such as Bingo or Wii competitions
- A variety of books, games, puzzles and other activities for residents to enjoy in their rooms or with family or other guests
- Holiday celebrations
In Their Own Words
“I love being at Lila Doyle. If I need help, I know it’s always available.”
Lake White, long-term care resident
“Staff members were excellent and they went beyond their required duty to make my stay at Lila Doyle great.”
Ray Cain, rehabilitation patient
“If I have to be away from home, Lila Doyle is the place to be.”
Lawrence Swafford, long-term care resident
“I love the restaurant-style dining room; it makes you feel like you’re at a nice restaurant.”
Eunice Vaughan, rehabilitation patient
101 Lila Doyle Drive
Seneca, SC 29672
Phone: (864) 885-7679