Volunteers are vital to the success of The Peace House!
We ask our Front Desk Volunteers to commit to a 3-hour shift and be comfortable with families experiencing a medical event, flexible, attentive to detail, self-directed and welcoming to persons of different backgrounds staying in our home.
Depending on the volunteer’s availability and the needs of the house, schedules are available once a week, twice a month, monthly or on an “as-needed basis”.
Shifts are seven days a week from:
- 9 a.m.-Noon
- Noon-3 p.m.
- 3 p.m.-6 p.m.
- 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
All Peace House volunteers will be required to complete the Greenville Health System volunteer application process.
Training is required for Front Desk Volunteers with a 2-hour introductory session conducted by the House Coordinator, followed by “on the job” training during regular shifts. Each volunteer also receives a Volunteer Training Manual.
General Responsibilities of Front Desk Volunteers
Volunteers are our “Directors of First Impressions” at the Front Desk during a 3 hour shift. During this time, we ask each volunteer to…
- Greet, register and settle in new guests to make them feel comfortable and at home
- Explain House Rules and give a tour of the house
- Assist guest with check out procedures
- Check rooms for cleanliness and supplies after checkouts.
- Answer incoming calls, take room requests, take messages for guests/direct calls to staff.
- Conduct House Tours to interested visitors
- Pass on vital information to incoming volunteers/staff which may impact the continued smooth operation of the house or the comfort of the guest.
- Check daily log sheet for any chores to be completed.
Other volunteer opportunities include occasionally helping with mailings, bringing snacks for our guests to enjoy, helping with landscaping and house maintenance.
Enjoy your volunteer service to the Peace House and know that YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE to the families staying at the house.
If interested in volunteering in any capacity, please contact Nate Moore, Peace House Coordinator, at (864) 252-4714 or firstname.lastname@example.org.