The Peace House, located at 1425 Augusta St. in Greenville, SC, is a hospital hospitality house for patients and their families receiving services from any Greenville Health System (GHS) facility. The Peace House provides comfortable safe lodging in a restful environment which offers privacy and common areas as well.
The cost is $10 per night, but no one is turned away due to lack of funding. All donations of any amounts are accepted. A refundable $20 deposit for cleaning and your key is requested upon check in and returned after room inspection at check out.
All guests must live outside a 25-mile radius of Greenville Memorial Medical Campus and be a relative/caregiver of a patient admitted to GHS or be an outpatient receiving regular treatment at any outpatient location. All guests must able to care for themselves or have an able caregiver staying with them.
- All referrals should be made by a Case Manager or RCP Admissions Coordinator.
- Once the referral is received a Peace House staff member or volunteer will contact the patient/family member within 24 hours to discuss availability.
- Referrals are taken on a first come, first served basis.
- If no room is available, the patient/family member will be put on a waiting list.
- Once a room becomes available, the patient/family member will have 24 hours to occupy the room or it will go to the next available person.
As a guest of the Peace House, we ask that you share the responsibility of keeping the house clean and tidy, as you are able. A small staff and a volunteer group run the daily operations. The house (including guest bedrooms) is cleaned weekly by a professional service. On a day-to-day basis, we need your help in keeping the house beautiful and comfortable for all who stay.
- A supply of linen is provided at check in for you to use throughout your stay. You are responsible for cleaning your room at check out and leaving it ready for the next family.
- Please sign in/out daily on the log.
- Kitchen is available for meal preparation if you wish. Daily meals are not provided.
- Smoking in the house/porch is not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages, weapons, illegal drugs or pets (except guide dogs) are not permitted
There are six bedrooms that can accommodate two persons per room. The first floor has two handicapped accessible rooms, one with wheelchair accessible bathroom and shower.
We allow two people to a room and one room per patient family.
Children as guests will be considered as we are able. Considerations include the age of the child and the other guests in the house at the time. No babysitting services will be available and all children under the age of 18 must have an adult with them at all times.
At check in, guests are provided a supply of linens for the beds and towels. If additional towels or linens are needed, please contact a Peace House staff member or volunteer.
The West End Co-op staff can provide transportation during the day to and from GHS facilities to guests needing to go to the hospital campus or downtown program location. If this service is needed, please call (864) 455-2626 with as much advance notice as possible.
There are two washing machines and dryers for your use on the ground floor behind the kitchen. Washers and dryers are free of charge, and laundry detergent is provided. Please do your laundry after 7 a.m. and before 10 p.m. Please be aware of others who need to do laundry as well, and don’t use more than one machine at a time.
Yes. There is Wi-Fi access throughout the house.
No, we do not provide telephone lines for guest bedrooms. The Peace House has one telephone that may be used by guests in case of emergencies.
Televisions are located in each guest bedroom and in the common room on the first floor. We ask you be respectful about the volume of the television at all times.