GHS Center for Prosthetics & Orthotics recommends the following patient resources. In addition, we encourage our patients to take advantage of various events we have throughout the year that have been created and designed with you in mind.
We are always here to help, so if you have any questions or need additional resources, please do not hesitate to contact us at (864) 522-3880.
- Amplify Yourself – a great resource for amputee’s to have their insurance complaints heard. Whether it’s denials, lengthy appeals or restrictions in coverage, let your voice be heard!
- Amputee Clinic
- Amputee Coalition of America – non-profit organization intended to reach out to people with limb loss through education, support and advocacy.
- Amputee Support Group – held monthly
- Annual Triumph on the Greens golf tournament
- Freedom Innovations-Restore Your Everyday – online community with panel of amputees listing advice and tips on your new life as an amputee.
- GHS Multiple Sclerosis Program
- Hatchbacks: Pediatric AFO friendly shoes
- Prosthetics 101
- UCan Events – water skiing, sled hockey, softball, fencing, tennis, sailing, cycling
- Zappos orthotic friendly shoes
From medi USA, here is a short video on donning and doffing your open-toe stockings