Caring for Women … for Life
We are a practice of certified nurse-midwives (CNMs) and offer full-scope midwifery services to our clients within a system that allows for more specialized care when needed. CNMs are registered nurses who have graduated from an accredited midwifery education program and passed a national certification exam to receive the professional designation of certified nurse-midwife. In South Carolina, CNMs must have a Master’s Degree, and are licensed through the South Carolina Board of Nursing.
CNMs provide primary care for women across their lifespan. Midwives care for women from adolescence through menopause, with a special emphasis on pregnancy, childbirth, and gynecologic and reproductive health.
Midwives perform comprehensive physical exams and prescribe medications, including contraception. CNMs provide quality and compassionate care for expectant mothers and women of all ages, including:
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Breastfeeding support
- Family planning and contraception
- Well-woman gynecology exams
- Preconception counseling
Our Care Philosophy
The CNMs of Greenville Midwifery Care & Birth Center support the philosophy of the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM). In particular, we believe that culturally competent, family-centered midwifery care should be available to women from a variety of ethnicities, cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds. We support the concept of informed consent and the client’s full participation in healthcare management decisions.
We honor the normalcy of women’s life-cycle events. We believe in:
- Watchful waiting and non-intervention in normal processes
- Appropriate use of interventions and technology for current or potential health problem
- Consultation, collaboration and referral with other members of the health care team as needed to provide optimal health care
We believe every woman has the right to:
- Equitable, ethical, accessible quality health care that promotes healing and health
- Health care that respects human dignity, individuality and diversity among group
- Complete and accurate information to make informed health care decisions
- Self-determination and active participation in health care decisions
- Involvement of a woman’s designated family members, to the extent desired, in all health care experiences
Babyscripts is Here!
Click HERE to see what the Greenville News has to say.
A powerful tool for moms on the go. GHS is implementing the Babyscripts app system wide to improve the prenatal experience and well baby outcomes for our moms. Babyscripts is the only doctor delivered digital health tool that leverages the full power of technology to elevate the standard of prenatal care. This mobile app provides a “to-do list” that guides the mother through each gestation period with practice-specific, provider-approved tasks related to nutrition, exercise, and other behaviors appropriate to her pregnancy and specific to the practice.
We’d love for you to sign up today. Ask your provider or office staff for details.