Now Accepting New Patients!
GHS Internal Medicine–Maxwell Pointe is honored to offer health care to you and your family. Our providers and staff seek to meet the needs of patients with skill and compassion. With four current providers and more on the way, we are confident you’ll find a match for your healthcare needs. We offer the services you and your family need to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Become a Patient
The providers and staff at Internal Medicine–Maxwell Pointe are excited to have you as a new patient. We look forward to providing you with the highest quality compassionate care that you will find in the Upstate. At Internal Medicine–Maxwell Pointe, we consider it a privilege to partner with you and work together to meet your healthcare needs. We are also passionate about preventative care and want to provide both the highest quality disease management and also take the time to work with you to prevent future problems down the road.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
The typical new patient visit is a consultation in which your new provider will take the time to get to know you personally as well as your medical issues. Devoting this extra time at your initial visit allows us to gain a solid foundation of your health information that will result in us providing you with the highest quality care. After your initial consultation, we will together determine when labwork, additional testing, and/or a physical are needed.
Services We Provide
- Acute illnesses such as bronchitis, allergies, skin conditions and minor laceration repair
- Chronic diseases such as diabetes, cholesterol and blood pressure management
- Sports injuries and sports physicals
- Physicals, including those for annual checkups, preoperative medical evaluations, and Welcome to Medicare
- Gynecologic care including Pap smears, birth control and menopausal care
- Minor surgeries such as mole, cyst and wart removals
- Preventative care
- On-site lab drawing services
- Flu shots and immunizations
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs)
- Same-day appointments
[column col= “1/2 last”]
After Hours Emergencies
For all medical emergencies, call 911. After hours, one of our providers is on call. Please call our office to speak with our nurse triage line. Remember that antibiotics and pain medications are NOT called in after hours and be sure to have your pharmacy’s phone number handy when you call.
Insurance and Payment Policy
We accept most insurance plans and, as a courtesy, file insurance claims for you. Please be aware that your co-pay or deductible is due at the time of service. It is your responsibility to inform us of changes with your insurance plan. Although we file claims for you, you are still responsible for your bill, regardless of the amount your insurance company pays, except in cases of pre-negotiated insurance agreements and where legally prohibited.
If your insurance requires a referral for a specialist or prior approval for testing, our staff will make every effort to provide your insurance the necessary information.
If you do not have insurance, payment is expected at the time you receive services. A discount of 30 percent is given for cash paying patients.
Please remember to bring in your current prescription bottles to every visit. Established patients please update your medication list in MyChart (see details below) prior to your visit and bring a copy in with you.
GHS is providing a new electronic medical record and billing system that utilizes a tool called MyChart. MyChart allows you to see key parts of your medical record, communicate with your care team and participate in your care like never before.
Using MyChart, you can securely access your medical record online or through your mobile device to …
- Communicate with your care provider
- Access your and your family members’ health record
- View test results and immunizations
- Ask for prescription refills
- Obtain proxy access to family members’ MyChart
- Check in for office appointments electronically
- Schedule and cancel office appointments
- Pay bills online
- Review inpatient, emergency room and diagnostic health information
Sign up for MyChart and start enjoying benefits now! Here’s how:
- Ask for MyChart at your next office visit OR
- Request an account online at mychart.ghs.org (your secure online portal to your GHS medical record)