At Center for Family Medicine, our doctors and staff are excited about the chance to help you improve your health and build a lasting relationship with you.
In Family Medicine, we specialize in providing high-quality medical care to patients of all ages. You can be confident that you are receiving excellent care based on the most current medical guidelines and recommendations.
Center for Family Medicine is the core training site for the Family Medicine residency program, accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Resident physicians are fully licensed to practice in the state of South Carolina, and have chosen to specialize in Family Medicine after graduation from medical school.
- Regular physicals (annual checkups, sport/camp physicals, employment physicals)
- Well-child visits including vaccinations
- Treatment for acute illnesses including bronchitis, allergies, asthma and skin conditions
- Treatment for long-term illnesses like diabetes, high blood pressure and congestive heart failure
- Evaluation and treatment for sports injuries and minor cuts
- Office procedures such as mole, cyst and wart removals
- Steroid injections for joint pain
- Gynecologic care including cervical cancer screening (Pap smears), birth control, and menopausal care
- EKGs, blood and urine laboratory services
- Mental health/behavioral services and counseling
- Nutrition counseling
- Lifestyle medicine, which uses exercise and healthy eating to decrease the need for medications to treat chronic illness
- Social work
- Foodshare program