GHS and MinuteClinic, the retail healthcare division of CVS Caremark, have entered into a clinical affiliation to enhance access to high-quality, affordable healthcare services. GHS and MinuteClinic will work together to coordinate care for patients, and GHS will provide physician supervision for nurse practitioners at all 11 Upstate MinuteClinic sites.
“Part of providing great care is providing the right level of care at times that work for our patients,” said Angelo Sinopoli, M.D., GHS vice president for clinical integration and Chief Medical Officer. “Innovations like MinuteClinic and our popular MD360 Convenient Care, which has extended physician hours and accepts walk-in patients, are important elements of an accessible, affordable care continuum.”
Suffering From a Minor Condition? Try SmartExam.
When you need care on the go, or you don’t feel like leaving your home or office, try SmartExam. SmartExam lets you connect online with a GHS care provider wherever you are—for only $20. So if you’re suffering from sinus pain, a UTI, a cold or a variety of other common health conditions, you can use SmartExam to receive a diagnosis, treatment plan and prescription if needed, all without missing a beat in your busy life. Learn more and register today.
MinuteClinic has 11 walk-in medical clinics inside select CVS/pharmacy stores in the Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson, SC area. Each clinic is staffed by nurse practitioners who provide treatment for common family illnesses, injuries and skin conditions, administer vaccinations, conduct physicals and wellness screenings, and offer monitoring for chronic conditions.
Our practitioners can:
- Diagnose, treat and write prescriptions for common family illnesses such as strep throat, bladder infections, pink eye and infections of the ears, nose and throat
- Provide common vaccinations for flu, pneumonia, pertussis, and hepatitis, among others
- Treat minor wounds, abrasions, joint sprains and skin conditions such as poison ivy, ringworm and acne
- Provide a wide range of wellness services, including sports and camp physicals, health screenings, TB testing, a weight loss program and Start to StopTM smoking cessation program
- Offer routine lab tests, instant results and education for those with diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure or asthma
MinuteClinic is open seven days a week, including evenings and weekends. No appointment is necessary and most insurance is accepted.
Most area clinics are open:
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
For more information, please visit minuteclinic.com