Caring for Upstate Athletes
There are basically two types of sports medicine physicians. There are orthopedic surgeons that have completed a fellowship in sports medicine and there are primary care physicians that have completed additional training in this area. One of the major differences between these two types of doctors is that one is trained as a surgeon and the other is not. Our fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeons are here to care for your shoulders, elbows, hips and knees.
We are committed to providing care to injuries sustained at all levels of physical activity…whether a weekend basketball-warrior, recreational skier, experienced mountaineer, or professional athlete. We offer innovative, advanced and minimally-invasive treatment options to get active individuals “back in the game”.
- Evaluation, prevention and treatment of sports or exercise-related injuries
- Surgical and specialty care of the shoulder, elbow, hip and knee
- Arthroscopic and minimally-invasive surgery
- Regenerative Medicine Procedures
- Advanced exercise training programs; performance and sports health analytics; and physical therapy/rehabilitation for returning to activity
- Brace-fitting, custom orthotics, splinting, casting, nutritional support and sports psychology
We Are Here to Help
GHS Department of Orthopaedics offers care for athletes at all levels. Our physicians work with middle and high school athletes across the Upstate and provide coverage at the collegiate and professional sports levels. Find the right physician your needs.