Services for cancer patients now available at our outpatient clinic
Together with your existing medical team, outpatient palliative care can provide:
• Expert treatment of symptoms, including pain, nausea, trouble sleeping, appetite loss, constipation,
shortness of breath and fatigue
• Psycho-social support, including information and referral for community-based services
• Short-term supportive counseling for you, your family and caregivers
• Help understanding what to expect over the course of an illness
• Help planning for contingencies for you and your family and assistance with advanced care planning and
• Assistance with coordinating care with all of your healthcare providers
When? 1-4:30 p.m. every Tuesday and all day on Thursdays (8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.) at the Cancer Institute
Who? Patients with one or more of the following:
- Active cancer with poorly controlled symptoms
- Metastatic lung and GI cancer
Ask your oncologist whether a referral to the Cancer Institute Outpatient Palliative Care Clinic could enhance the quality of your life.
If you are currently being seen at the outpatient clinic, you can call (864) 241-7272 to change and/or cancel appointments.