GHS’ Memory Health Program seeks caregivers for patients with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia to take part in a research study called REACH. REACH aims to improve knowledge and support for caregivers, thereby reducing stress and enhancing their ability to care for their loved ones.
Those who enroll will be assigned a Caregiver Coach. The coach will perform an assessment followed by targeted training. The training consists of 12-15 home visits or phone calls over 6 months.
Eligible participants include people with dementia and their caregivers who:
- Live in Greenville County or surrounding areas
- Live at home or in assisted living
- Have moderate to severe dementia
- Have caregivers living with them or separately spending 10+ hrs/wk providing care
- Have caregivers unable to access community resources who would benefit from home coaching
This program is open to all residents of Greenville County and is part of GHS’ Center for Success in Aging. To make a referral, please contact Mauricio Ramirez, program coordinator, at (864) 270-5719 or email@example.com.