(864) 482-3152 FAX
Mountain Lakes ENT and Allergy Center is a comprehensive medical and surgical practice devoted to the care of adults and children. Our team treats patients of all ages with disorders of the ear, nose, throat, head and neck. With a focus on personalized care, we help people hear, sleep, breathe, and feel better.
If you suffer from sinus, allergy, snoring, throat or hearing concerns, it may be time to seek care from an otolaryngologist, commonly referred to as an ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialist.
With three otolaryngologists and an audiologist on staff, we take a comprehensive, team approach to your care to help resolve your concerns and improve your quality of life.
“Epic” Changes Coming Soon!
Oconee Memorial Hospital and GHS physician practices in Oconee County are improving your patient care experience by moving to a new electronic medical record (EMR) and billing system called Epic beginning in October. Epic will help us transform healthcare by allowing physicians and other care givers to have electronic access to your records, making care even safer and more efficient. As with any new computer system, there is a learning curve. We thank you for your patience.
Here are some ways that Epic can help us improve our services to you:
• Advanced patient portal: We’re providing our patients with a free online patient portal called MyChart. Using MyChart on your computer or mobile device, you can message your care provider, view test results and immunizations, ask for prescription refills, and much more!
• Efficient information access: Over a period of time, GHS will use just one health information system instead of using many different computer systems to manage your information.
• Enhanced patient safety: GHS clinicians are using Epic to enhance patient safety. The system allows for drug interaction and allergic reaction checks and also generates patient education reminders and after visit summaries.
• Secure information: Epic protects your health information by making sure that only essential health care individuals have access to view your health information. Epic also meets all federal patient privacy guidelines (HIPPA).
• Billing system updates: Starting in October, you’ll begin to receive a newly designed physician bill. Since the new system will begin in October, any balance on visits prior to that will need to be paid separately. So, if you are used to paying for your current visit and any prior balances at the same time, you will need to be prepared to bring two separate checks or will be asked for two separate credit card swipes.
On-Site Financing Options Now Available
GHS Mountain Lakes ENT, Allergy & Hearing Center now offers patients a credit program that can be used toward expenses and services not covered by insurance. Patients can apply for $500 or more to cover the cost of hearing aids and hearing aid accessories.
The program is offered through Wells Fargo. Patients complete an application at Mountain Lakes ENT, Allergy & Hearing Center and submit it to the audiologist, who can confirm approval and credit amount within minutes. Authorized funds then are placed on a hold status until the hearing aid is delivered.
Any excess credit approved by Wells Fargo can be used at any participating medical provider, including non-GHS providers, for other non-covered medical expenses.