The more you know…
All women face the threat of heart disease. But becoming aware of symptoms and risks unique to women, as well as eating a heart-healthy diet and exercising, can help protect you.
Some of these risk factors include:
- Tobacco use
- Elevated blood sugar level
- Elevated blood pressure
- Elevated cholesterol level
- Family history of heart disease
- Diet high in saturated fat
3 Butternut Drive
Greenville, SC 29605
Call Us: (864) 455-6977
Warning Signs of a Heart Attack in Women
Females, and sometimes the elderly, do not show the classic heart attack signs. Women often complain of vague pain in the lower back along with indigestion. Any pain or discomfort in the torso combine with nausea should be taken seriously.
Heart attack symptoms in women can be different and include the following:
- Pressure, fullness, squeezing pain in the center of the chest, spreading to the neck, shoulder or jaw pain
- Chest discomfort with light-headedness, fainting, sweating, nausea, or shortness of breath
- Upper abdominal pressure or discomfort
- Lower chest discomfort
- Back pain
- Unusual fatigue
- Unusual shortness of breath
Just a Little Heart Attack
Elizabeth Banks is known for her comedic acting style, but acknowledges there’s nothing funny about a heart attack. However, humor is exactly the approach Banks took in the entertaining video she produced on the subject, Just a Little Heart Attack.