The focal point of the program is an early-detection screening with specific emphasis on prevention, risk assessment, lifestyle management, and raising awareness.
The screening will include evaluation of the following:
- Blood pressure
- Body mass index
- Cholesterol levels
- Depression scale assessment
- Exercise recommendations
- Nutrition screening
- Physical exam
- Pregnancy history
- Sleep evaluation
- Waist circumference
- Weight consultation
Cost: $100/patient (not covered by insurance)
3 Butternut Drive
Greenville, SC 29605
Call to Schedule Your Screening:
Treatment and Followup
A full range of treatment options for those diagnosed with heart disease will also be offered.
If a patient is determined to have a low risk of heart disease, we will recommend a diet and exercise routine along with follow up to a Primary Care provider.
If a patient is determined to be at a higher risk of heart disease, we will recommend one or all of the following with a referral to a cardiologist:
- Ankle brachial index (ABI) – Screening for circulation abnormalities in the lower extremities
- Echocardiogram – Test to evaluate the structural aspects of the heart
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) – Test to evaluate the electrical conduction of the heart
- Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) – Blood test to determine diabetes risk
- Microalbuminuria – Urine test to screen for early kidney disease
Your Carolina discusses Women’s Heart Center
“Wait, wait, you get an hour with an actual doctor or nurse practitioner?”
The team from the Women’s Heart Center recently appeared on a segment of Your Carolina where they discussed why the center was started and what women can expect during a visit.