Manage Your Diabetes Successfully
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 30.3 million people in the U.S. have diabetes.
- Have you been diagnoses with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes?
- Do you or your family member(s) need help managing diabetes?
- Would you like to learn more about how to live a healthier life?
If so, you may want to sign up for Clemson Health Extension’s Diabetes Program.
About the program
- Education program spans 4 months
- Group and individual sessions offered
- Individual and social support provided for those with diabetes
- Participants must be Greenville County residents
- The program goal is to help participants manage their diabetes and prevent or delay health complications
A Community-based Model
Greenville Health System, Clemson University Public Health Sciences and Clemson Cooperative Extension have partnered to impact and improve the health of Greenville County residents. Through Healthy Greenville, there are two new programs that aim to improve health outcomes. The programs help residents who are at risk for developing Type 2 diabetes, or have already been diagnosed.