The Prisma Health Cancer Institute’s Blood and Marrow Transplant (BMT) program …
- FACT Performed the region’s first blood and marrow transplant in 1992.
- FACT Was the first adult transplant program in the state to receive national accreditation.
- FACT Opened the state-of-the-art, nationally accredited McCrary Blood and Marrow Transplant Unit (adult inpatient) in 2017; the 8-bed unit, with all RN staffing, handles autologous (cells come from patients) and allogeneic (cells come from a family member or unrelated donor) transplants and has both exercise and caregiver space.
- FACT Increased the number of patients it served by 30% in 2017.
- FACT Has a transplant service that is the only collection site in the Upstate for the National Marrow and Donor Program (NMDP/Be The Match).
- FACT Prisma Health’ therapeutic apheresis unit has two photopheresis machines and 24/7 capability for plasmapheresis, red cell exchange and emergency treatment of leukemias.
Learn more about the BMT program.