Diversity is a commitment and focus throughout all levels of GHS. In collaboration with leadership throughout GHS, the Diversity Department has created and is implementing a diversity strategic plan that focuses on patient care, employee satisfaction, strong academics and community involvement.
We will heal compassionately by recognizing, understanding, and tailoring health care to the unique needs of each patient.
- Cultural competence training for health care providers
- Collaborations between clinical staff and leadership to decrease health disparities for underserved populations
- Enhanced efforts within GHS’ Language Services Department’s to provide interpreters by video and phone to prevent language barriers to care
- A focus on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) patient-centered care
We will employ an exceptionally trained and engaged health care workforce that reflects and understands our diverse patients and communities.
- Employee training on diversity related issues
- Employee resource groups
- A workplace flexibility initiative open to all employees
- Diversity recruitment efforts focused on management and leadership positions
We will be intimately connected to the diverse communities we serve through relationships, programs, and services that are aligned with the unique needs of these communities.
- Working with underserved communities to address gaps in care
- Increasing the footprint of our successful Supplier Diversity Program
- Better informing the community of GHS’ commitment to diversity
We will innovatively teach an exceptionally trained and engaged workforce that reflects and understands our diverse patients and communities.
- Incorporating diversity education into curriculum of the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville
- Enhancing recruitment of a diversity student body for academic programs within the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville