Thank you for your interest in completing an elective at the Greenville Health System (GHS). Below are some general instructions regarding the application process for visiting medical students:
- Click here to complete the Application.
- Use the checklist on page 4 of the application to ensure that it is complete.
- GHS requires that a criminal background check be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the rotation. The cost for the background check is the student’s responsibility. If the visiting student has resided at the same address for at least 12 consecutive months, then a state background check is sufficient through their state law enforcement division. However, if the visiting student has not resided at the same address for at least 12 consecutive months, then a federal background check is required. If the home school does not already have a contractual agreement with a third-party background check agency, visiting students needing a federal background check, can contact SR&I, the company used by GHS, at www.srandi.com.
- Applications will be reviewed in the Office of Student Services and forwarded to the appropriate department for approval/disapproval. When a decision is made by the department, the student will be notified immediately.
- If your elective is approved, additional information will be emailed to you regarding student orientation/clearance.
Mail completed application to
Greenville Health System
Office of Student Services
701 Grove Road
Greenville, SC 29605