At Roger C. Peace Rehabilitation Hospital, Speech/Language Pathologists offer a comprehensive scope of services including assessment and treatment for patients with communication, cognitive, or swallowing difficulties to make a functional difference in their daily life.
• Videofluoroscopic swallowing evaluations and treatment for difficulty swallowing
• Evaluation and treatment of speech language and cognitive impairments related to stroke and other neurological conditions
• Treatment for voice disorders as a result of trauma or vocal abuse and public speaking
• Rehabilitation for persons with laryngectomy and tracheostomy
• Augmentative alternative communication assessments
• Addressing motor speech disorders such as verbal apraxia and dysarthria
• Trained speech/language pathologists who utilize Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation for the treatment of swallowing disorders
• Patient and care giver education and training is an important component of treatment sessions.
Take a further look at Speech/Language Pathology:
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
South Carolina Speech-Language-Hearing Association