The 16th Annual J.D. Ashmore Lectureship took place in the Medical Staff Auditorium on June 13th. Noted surgeon Dr. R. Phillip Burns, chairman of the surgery department at the University of Tennessee School of Medicine, gave the keynote address. The day was filled with presentations from former and current surgical residents discussing timely topics in general surgery. Next year’s Ashmore Lectureship is scheduled to take place on June 19th.
- Morse BC, Cobb WS IV, Valentine JD, Cass AL, Roettger RH. Emergent and Elective Colon Surgery in the Extreme Elderly: Do the Results Warrant the Operation? Am Surg July 2008;74:614-9.
- Cull DL, Carsten CG III, Kalbaugh CA, York JW, Campbell TR, Cass AL, Taylor SM. Reverse J A-V Grafts for Hemodialysis Access: Rationale, Technique and Outcomes. Am Surg 2008 July;74:620-5.
- Kendall TW Jr., Cull DL, Carsten CG III, Kalbaugh CA, Cass AL, Taylor AM. The Role of the Prosthetic Axillo-axillary Loop Access as a Tertiary Arteriovenous Access Procedure. J Vasc Surg 2008 Aug;48(2):389-93. Epub 2008 Jun 2.
- Morse BC, Cull DL, Kalbaugh CA, Cass AL, Carsten CG III, Taylor SM. Through-Knee Amputation in Patients with Peripheral Arterial Disease: A Review of 50 Cases. J Vasc Surg 2008 Jun 28. [Epub ahead of print]
- Cicchillo MS, Carsten CG III, Wright CC, Taylor SM, Davis BR, Traxler LB. Staged Carotid Endarterectomy and Open Heart Surgery: Does High-Risk Cardiac Disease in Patients Scheduled for Open-Heart Surgery Preclude Carotid Endarterectomy. Am Surg 2008 (in press).
- Chris Schneider MD, Shivani Patel, William Cobb MD, David Cull MD, Anna Cass MPH, Richard Roettger, MD. Should End Stage Renal Failure Patients Be Offered Elective Surgical Procedures? NC/SC Chapter of the American College of Surgeons, Isle of Palms, SC, July 11-13, 2008.
- Wesley B. Jones MD, Alfredo M. Carbonell DO. ERCP In General Surgery: How Much Are We Outsourcing? NC/SC Chapter of the American College of Surgeons, Isle of Palms, SC, July 11-13, 2008.
- Dane E. Smith, MD, Joshua D. Washer, MD, Mary E. Carman, Dawn W. Blackhurst, DrPH. A Better Operation For Pilonidal Disease. NC/SC Chapter of the American College of Surgeons, Isle of Palms, SC, July 11-13, 2008.