Greenville Health System Innovation in Medical and Economic Development
Process for Driving Transformational Integration and Change
Aligned with the Total Health approach to health care delivery, a strategic research and innovations direction for the Greenville academic campus will be branded under the umbrella of GHS “Innovation in Medical and Economic Development” (GHS-IMED).
Mission: Investigate ways to care compassionately, teach innovatively, and improve constantly.
Vision: To transform health care for the benefit of the people and diverse communities we serve through research and innovation.
• Study barriers and other issues which impede access to health care.
• Examine practice models and processes that lead to enhanced quality of care.
• Identify and study cost as a barrier to implementation of best practice.
• Study innovative models that develop the health care workforce through education and that advance economic development.
• Research will be patient-centered and embrace interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Research must compliment the GHS mission, vision and values and support its clinical and education programs.
• Research will be devoted to comparative effectiveness and implementation science, clinical trials, translational/applied basic science, and to educational
• Activities will always be considered in light of the opportunity for regional economic development and innovation.