One Call, One Person, 24/7. It’s as simple as that!
Greenville Health System (GHS) provides integrated health care to communities across Greenville County and beyond through our Patient Referral and Transfer Center at Greenville Memorial Hospital. The center is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week to serve as a centralized point of entry for transfers into GHS.
You have direct communication with one of our Registered Nurses who have extensive experience in critical care, cardiology and pediatrics, to coordinate the logistics of the transfer and admission.
The R.N. who takes your call will communicate pertinent clinical and plan of care information through regular updates to the referring physician. Coordination of the transfer to GHS can include finding an appropriate physician within GHS, facilitating a physician to physician phone contact between the referring MD and the accepting GHS MD, assuring an appropriate bed is available, notifying appropriate ancillary staff of the transfer and coordinating transportation if requested. For STEMI (acute heart attack) patients the RNs also activate the STEMI alert and take report to streamline the process for these emergency situations. To keep the lines of communication open, Referral Center staff will make follow-up courtesy calls 30 days after discharge to the referring physician or other entities.
(864) 455-0000 • 877-599-8867
Our goal is to make things as easy as possible for you and your patient.
Referrals to the Patient Referral and Transfer Center include:
- Acute inpatient to inpatient
- ED to ED
- Physician office to ED
- Non-acute facility (nursing homes, rehabilitation facilities, etc.) to ED
- 24/7 availability to facilitate Emergency Department transfers, inpatient-to-inpatient transfers and referrals from physicians’ offices, urgent care centers and other healthcare providers
- Coordination of transfers into GHS including
- Finding an appropriate physician within GHS
- Facilitating physician-to-physician phone contact between the referring M.D. and the GHS M.D.
- Assuring that an appropriate bed is available within the system
- Notifying appropriate ancillary staff of the transfer
- Arranging transport
- Updating referring M.D. and primary care providers on patients’ progress until discharge
Simply call either (864) 455-0000 or 877-599-8867 and a member of our team will assist you through the process.
We will ask for the following information:
- Is this an emergency?
- Where is the patient now?
- A brief description of the purpose of the transfer
- Clinical information pertinent to the transfer
We will connect you with the appropriate physician and get your patient to GHS as quickly and smoothly as possible.