Physical Therapy services include the evaluation and treatment of patients requiring neurological or musculoskeletal rehabilitation or wound care. Specific services include the following:
- Therapeutic exercises to regain mobility, strength and balance
- Mobility training to gain independence with walking or maneuvering a wheelchair
- Treatment of neck and back pain
- The use of specialized manual techniques to improve tissue function. Manual techniques could include soft tissue mobilization, functional orthopaedic approach, muscle energy, strain/counter strain, and joint mobilizations.
- Hydrotherapy and debridement for wound care
- Technologies and modalities such as electrical stimulation, intophoresis, ultrasound, anodyne therapy, Lite Gait and Bioness
- Use of BTE (Baltimore Therapeutic Equipment) for a variety of upper and lower extremity injuries. The BTE can simulate job tasks and/or sporting activities.
- Use of ultraviolet light therapy for skin disorders
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Wheelchair Clinic to provide patients with access to vendors and therapists for evaluation for wheelchair seating and positioning needs, often including the use of Pressure Mapping System.
- Lymphedema Management
Take a closer look at Physical Therapy:
American Physical Therapy Association
South Carolina Physical Therapy Association
For more information on Physical Therapy, please call 864-455-7791.