GHS will be at ASHP’s 2012 Mid-year Clinical Meeting! Be sure to visit us Tuesday morning (12/4/12) at booth #5146
For 2013 residency applicants, GHS will participate in PhORCAS (Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application). For more information about PhORCAS, please visit ASHP’s website by clicking here. Applications are not required to be submitted through this service. If you wish you apply through the standard process please download our application here.
The Pharmacy Practice and Critical Care Pharmacy Practice Programs at Greenville Health System are committed to providing residents with the skills and knowledge required to develop into independent and competent pharmacy practitioners. The residency programs are designed to advance clinical patient care and educational skills through direct patient care rotations, evaluation and application of current literature, and educational programs such as in-services, lectures, and precepting.
As a participant in one of these programs, the resident will be expected to:
- Provide pharmaceutical care to patients in multiple settings
- Understand principles of practice management
- Develop independent learning skills
- Maintain a professional ethic
- Complete and present an original project that contributes to the advancement of pharmaceutical care
- Actively participate in department educational activities
- Participate in the Clinical On-Call and Clinical Consultation Service
- Provide pharmacy operations staffing coverage
Each residency program is a 12-month postgraduate curriculum that offers experience in acute care, ambulatory care (for pharmacy practice residents only), drug information and drug use policy development, clinical services and practice leadership. The opportunity to practice in an integrated health care delivery system that provides exposure to both private and academic medicine is a particular advantage of these residency programs. The programs are dedicated to providing each resident an individualized experience based on specific goals, interests, and experience. All residents are required to complete rotations in core subject areas. Elective rotations are available, allowing residents flexibility in pursuing individual goals and interests.