A Change of Epic Proportion in Your Online Health Care
We are excited to announce that GHS is moving to a new electronic medical record (EMR) and billing system called Epic. Epic will help us enhance your patient care experience by giving doctors and other caregivers electronic access to your records, making care even safer and more efficient for you. As we move to the Epic computer system, your appointment may take a bit longer than in the past. We are grateful for your patience and understanding as we transition to our new system!
Here are some ways that Epic can help us improve our services to you:
- Advanced patient portal: We’re providing patients with a free online patient portal called MyChart. By using MyChart on your computer or mobile device, you can contact your care provider, view test results and immunization records, ask for prescription refills and much more!
- Efficient information access: Over time, GHS will use just one health information system instead of many to manage your information.
- Enhanced patient safety: The system checks for drug interactions and allergic reactions. It also sends patient education reminders and summaries after your visits.
- Secure information: Epic protects your health information by making sure that only essential healthcare providers have access to your health information. Epic also meets all federal patient privacy guidelines (HIPAA).
- Updated billing system
GHS is excited to bring this new system to our community, which is all about improving care for our patients. We want to thank you in advance for your patience as we transition to Epic.
Thank you for choosing Greenville Health System (GHS) as your healthcare partner. We want you to feel comfortable and confident with the care you receive. The patient portal provides you with free, simple and easy access to your medical information. Registration is required to access the hospital and physician office patient portals. If you have not received a registration link, contact the appropriate number listed below.
Launch Portal for
Help & Support
Physician Office Patient Portal
View Physician Office Patient Portal FAQ
Help Desk: (844) 432-6893
Hospital Patient Portal
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get access to MyChart?
For your convenience, you can sign up for My Chart at GHS in various ways. Ask your care provider for help, or pick the sign-up method that works best for you.
- Sign up at check-in or in the exam room
- Sign up using an activation code from your after-visit summary or billing statement
- Request an account online at mychart.ghs.org
What about mobile access?
After requesting an account, download the MyChart app. Select Greenville Health System as your medical center for mobile access to your MyChart account.
When can I access my medical information?
Starting summer 2015, most of your outpatient GHS medical information will be available through MyChart, followed by most GHS inpatient and emergency room information in early 2016.
What will happen to my other GHS patient portal(s)?
The MyHealth First Network (Orion) portal will remain available, in addition to MyChart. Any other patient portal(s) will be active for a period of time. MyChart will not contain a copy of all the information found in the other portal(s).
What if I have a MyChart account at another facility?
Even if you have another MyChart account at another facility, you still need to create a GHS MyChart account. However, you can easily link your accounts online through a MyChart tool called Lucy.