Who needs accessibility?
– Visitors and other external stakeholders
For whom do we want to eliminate barriers?
– Various types of disabilities (physical or mental)
– Limited English proficiency
– Limited financial means
– Any other characteristic which could inhibit oneÕs ability to access health care or employment
Greenville Health System (GHS) Accessibility Committee goals:
– Enhance the quality of life for those served in our programs
– Ensure GHS alignment with non-discriminatory employment practices
– Meet legal and regulatory requirements
– Meet the expectations of stakeholders in the area of accessibility
Accessibility Committee areas of focus:
– Any other barriers identified by patients, personnel, or other stakeholders