Greenville Health System (GHS) Neurological Institute offers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of neurology-related conditions. Under the direction of medical director, Mary Hughes, MD, the Institute has grown to eight divisions, deepened clinical capabilities and improved patient access.
- Our facility, Greenville Memorial Hospital, is the only Greenville County hospital to received the Primary Stroke Center Certification through The Joint Commission.
- NeuroDirect, GHS' telemedicine network for stroke diagnosis at community hospitals including Greer Memorial, Hillcrest Memorial, Baptist Easley, Oconee Medical Center and AnMed.
- Gold Plus award for stroke from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for on-going excellence
- Interventional neurology treatments
- Stroke Symposium 2011/2012
- Weekly Seizure Clinic
- Epilepsy monitoring unit - adult and pediatric patients
- Programming for deep brain stimulation for epilepsy /VNS
- Epilepsy surgery
(ALS Neuropathies, muscular dystrophy)
- Electrodiagnostic lab services
Movement Disorders/Parkinson's Disease
- Movement Disorders Clinic
- Lee Silverman method for speech therapy in cooperation with Roger C. Peace
- Research into benefits of exercise for Parkinson's patients
- Programming for deep brain stimulation for Parkinson's
- Parkinson's Disease Symposium (2011) and Parkinson's Disease & MS Symposium (2012)
- MS Registry
- Intrathecal baclofen pump management
- Infusion Center
- Mary Hughes, M.D., Medical Director
The Center for Success in Aging, GHS' geriatric practice, offers comprehensive consultative services for geriatric patients include memory health issues.
Roger C. Peace Rehabilitation Hospital offers inpatient and outpatient - with The Brownell Center - neuro-psychology services