Medical massage is an effective method of reducing pain, establishing normal tissue tension and can normalize the movement of the musculoskeletal system. Life Center® Health and Conditioning Club offers the following medical massages by licensed massage therapists for inpatients at Greenville Memorial Medical Campus or the public:
- Oncology Massage – comfort-oriented touch promotes relaxation and helps reduce side effects such as nausea, loss of appetite, constipation, fatigue, and pain.
- Prenatal/Labor/Postnatal Massage – conducted by a licensed massage therapist certified in prenatal/postnatal massage, this technique eases the stressful and painful effects of pregnancy and delivery on body posture. Prenatal massage can help decrease low back/hip pain, swelling, anxiety, and depression, as well as promote circulation for efficient delivery of nutrients to the baby. Massage during labor can help the mother relax between contractions and ease muscle pain. Postnatal massage can help lessen post labor muscle soreness and the emotional tension of new motherhood.
- Pre- and Post-surgery Massage – massage can decrease anxiety, stress, nausea, and the need for pain medications; improve immune system function; increase stimulation of intestines and release of endorphins (your body’s natural pain killer); and relieve headaches caused by tension, constipation, or buildup of metabolic waste products.
- Hospice – gentle, caring, professional touch can bring a sense of peace and comfort to patients and caregivers, releasing stress and enhancing self-worth.
- Fibromyalgia Syndrome Massage- can help to reduce pain and anxiety, decrease depression, fatigue and improve sleep and quality of life.
Massage Therapy Rates
Package of 5—$250 (save $20)
Birthday Special—$5 off month of birthday
Heated Stone Massage—$60/Hr.
Massage sessions are available at the Greenville Life Center. To schedule an appointment, please call 864-455-4231.
Massage therapy can be scheduled at Greenville Memorial Medical Campus with a physician’s authorization. To schedule an appointment, call 455-4001 or 455-4231.