Created for You. Inspired by you.
It’s a fact. Early breast cancer detection can lead to a greater likelihood of cure. According to current studies, one in eight women will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. Early detection and screenings are the most effective ways to combat the disease. After all, mammograms can successfully detect breast cancer lumps up to a year before they can be detected with self-examination.At the Breast Care Center at Oconee Memorial Hospital, helping women detect breast cancer early is just the first step in fighting and preventing the disease. Our program allows us to support our patients from screening, through diagnosis, surgery and treatment.
Dedicated to Women’s Breast Health
We understand that in the midst of busy lives, it can be difficult for a woman to prioritize her own healthcare needs. That’s why we created a Breast Care Center designed to accommodate their busy lifestyles.
Our Breast Care Center was developed for convenience and comfort, while offering the best in diagnostic services. From the relaxed décor to the spacious dressing rooms, our facility is designed to put women at ease. At the Breast Care Center, we are proud to offer digital mammography, the most effective method of early detection in the fight against breast cancer. All mammograms at the Breast Care Center are read and interpreted by board certified radiologists experienced in mammography. Our certified mammographers have years of experience in breast diagnostics and are able to perform mammograms quickly with minimal discomfort for patients. For patients requiring further diagnostic procedures or surgical intervention, we help schedule appointments with appropriate medical professionals.
Visiting the Breast Care Center
The Breast Care Center at Oconee Memorial Hospital was created to deliver the best possible medical care in a private, comforting setting. The center has its own entrance, waiting area and dedicated parking spaces, which make access easy while increasing privacy and comfort. We also offer amenities that contribute to a relaxed, supportive environment during diagnostic procedures, including comfortable robes.
The Support You Need
Guided by our dedicated, well-trained clinical staff, medical director and expert radiologists, the Breast Care Center prioritizes women’s breast health in a setting that supports their unique and personal needs. Our team helps guide patients through all aspects of breast care, providing wellness and treatment education along with referral options. We even connect newly diagnosed breast cancer patients with breast cancer survivors who can use their own experience with breast cancer to help others.
All Mammography at the Breast Care Center is Digital
Because all mammography is digital at the Breast Care Center, women enjoy a number of benefits including:
- Improved image quality
- Instant image access
- Reduced procedure time
- Enhanced patient comfort
- Faster results
- Better detection in women with dense breast tissue
- Increased accuracy in evaluating digital mammograms with the aid of Computer Assisted Detection (CAD) software.
The Breast Care Center offers:
- Digital Mammography. This low-dose X-ray procedure is the most reliable method available for the detection of breast cancer. Oconee Memorial Hospital’s equipment is coupled with patient comfort features that sense breast thickness for a less uncomfortable level of compression. Our radiologists evaluate digital mammograms with the aid of Computer Assisted Detection (CAD) software. This special system increases the accuracy of mammogram evaluations.
- Breast Ultrasound. This diagnostic procedure studies a specific area found on the mammogram or a lump discovered by the patient. Breast ultrasound is often used along with a mammogram. Due to its limited scope, breast ultrasound cannot be used as a screening tool or a replacement for a mammogram.
- Breast Biopsy. For women who need testing beyond a diagnostic mammogram, stereotactic and ultrasound-guided breast biopsies can be performed in the Breast Care Center by a radiologist. This minimally-invasive procedure is an image guided method for obtaining a precise sample of breast tissue. Results are obtained in a timely manner from our pathologists.
- Surgical Intervention. If a biopsy indicates a need for surgical intervention either to confirm a diagnosis or for treatment, consultation appointments are available with one of our surgeons.
For more information or to schedule a mammogram, call (864) 885-7340.
Location & Contact Information
298 Memorial Drive
Seneca, SC 29672
Phone: (864) 885-7340
Breast Cancer Support Group
Hundreds of women in our community have fought or are currently fighting the battle of their lives against breast cancer.
Join us the first Tuesday of every other month for fellowship, encouragement and support as breast cancer survivors and current patients come together to discuss this common bond.
For more information, contact June LeCroy at (864) 482-0027 or email@example.com.