Gland and Hormone Specialists
Endocrinologists treat disorders of the endocrine system—the glands and the hormones they make. These disorders include diabetes, hyperthyroidism, and other conditions related to the pituitary, thyroid, adrenals, ovaries, testes and pancreas. Endocrinologists also deal with metabolism, or all the biochemical processes that make your body work, including how your body changes food into energy and how it grows.
A referral is required to see an endocrinologist. Even though your primary care provider can diagnose and treat diabetes, you may be referred to an endocrinologist if …
- You’re brand new to diabetes and need to learn how to manage it
- He or she doesn’t have a lot of experience treating diabetes
- You take a lot of shots or use an insulin pump
- Your diabetes has gotten tough to manage or your treatment isn’t working
- You have complications from diabetes
Take Control of Diabetes
How May We Help You?
Visit one of our practices today for your endocrinology needs.
Endocrine, Diabetes and Lipid Consultants of IMA
1025 Verdae Blvd.
Greenville, SC 29607
Endocrinology Specialists and Thyroid Center
877 W. Faris Road, Suite D
Greenville, SC 29605
Endocrinology Specialists and Thyroid Center–Laurens
22725 Highway 76 East, Suite A
Clinton, SC 29325