To lose weight and keep it off is life changing. Best of all, you can do it!
Lose a Little, Gain a Lot
Lowering weight can reverse or prevent diabetes, lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol, and decrease risk of sudden death from heart attack or stroke. Losing just 10 percent of your body weight can have significant benefits.
You Don’t Have to Go It Alone
LoseWell, a medically based weight-management program offered by Greenville Health System (GHS), provides tools and support to help you achieve your weight goals. The 12-week program includes…
- Support from your own team—health coach, physician/nurse practitioner, registered dietitian and exercise physiologist who will work with you every step of the way
- Biometric screening at start and end of program to gauge success
- Weekly group meetings with your health coach and dietitian
- Weight-management support group meetings
Many employers—including GHS—offer incentives for employees and their spouses/partners to enroll in weight management programs such as LoseWell. Ask a member of the LoseWell team for details.
It’s not about a certain weight—it’s about a healthy weight for you.
2017 LoseWell Class Schedule
- Wednesdays, 5:30-7 p.m. from April 19 – July 12
Greenville Memorial Hospital (701 Grove Road, Greenville)
- Thursdays, 5:30-7 p.m. from April 20 – July 13
Hillcrest Memorial Hospital (729 S.E. Main Street, Simpsonville)
- Wednesdays, 4:30 p.m.-6 p.m. from May 10 – August 2
Greer Memorial Hospital (830 Buncombe Rd., Greer)
- Wednesdays, 7:30-9 a.m. from May 24 – August 16
GHS Life Center (875 W. Faris Rd, Greenville)
- Tuesdays, 5:30-7 p.m. from June 6 – September 5 (July 4 off)
GHS Downtown (300 E. McBee Ave., Greenville)
- Thursdays, 4:30-6 p.m. from July 27 – October 19
Laurens County Memorial Hospital (22725 Hwy. 76 East, Clinton)
- Tuesdays, 5:30-7 p.m. from August 22 – November 14
Piedmont Center (33 Villa Road, Greenville)
Weight Management Support Group
Join our open discussions in a safe, non-judgmental environment to discuss helpful information for daily living while managing your weight. This is a great opportunity to share information and empower one another as you continue your journey through weight management. Groups are open to anyone and meet at the following time and location:
When: Every Thursday
Where: GHS LifeCenter Conference Room (2nd floor at the LifeCenter)
Time: 5 – 6:30 p.m.
What to Expect
- A safe, non-judgmental environment
- Open discussions
- Education to use in your daily life
- Meet others in similar situations
LoseWell Program Fees
Please do not pay until you have enrolled with a Health Educator at 864-455-WELL.