The Division of Geriatrics and Palliative Care provides medical consultations in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Board certified geriatricians and palliative care physicians, nurse practitioners, neuropsychologist, licensed, master's-prepared social workers, and registered nurses function in an Interdisciplinary Team. This innovative approach to geriatric and palliative medicine is growing and dynamic, and the team provides patient-focused and family-focused care. Greenville Health System is developing other programs to meet the special needs of our aging populations.
Internal medicine residents train with the Division, and team members are involved in research and education with partners including Clemson and USC School of Medicine and Public Health.
The team offers the following:
Geriatric and Palliative Medicine consultation services are available at Greenville Memorial Hospital. Geriatric and Palliative Medicine experts work with a patient's medical team during their hospitalization. To refer a patient for either Geriatric or Palliative consultation, please call (864) 454-8120.
The Center for Success in Aging offers patient consultations for individuals with memory and cognitive impairments along with support and education for families and care partners of those individuals. Download patient referral form. Referrals can be faxed to 864-454-8125 or e-faxed to 864-241-9215.
- Memory Health program - Patients with memory health conditions such as Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders.
- Caregiving ABC's is a five-session program designed to offer support and advise for those caring for people with memory issues.
- Neuropsychological testing and therapeutic counseling (psychotherapy) for individuals and families involved in the Memory Health Program.
Long-Term Care Services
Greenville Health System is working in collaboration with several affiliated facilities in the community where they provide comprehensive services to these facilty residents.
- Nursing Home
- The Cottages at Brushy Creek - a skilled nursing facility within the Greenville Health System that provides short term rehabilitative stays and long term care.
Division of Geriatrics & Palliative Care Medicine
- Aye P. Aung, MD
- Parampal S. Bhullar, MD
- Haritha Boppana, MD
- James W. Davis, MD
- Hiep Thanh Pham, MD, MPH Division Chair
- Laurie Theriot Roley, MD
- Debra A. Wagner, MD
- Ohmar D. Win, MD, MPH
- Peggy Brazell, NP
- Cynthia R. Fitzsimmons, PsyD
- Jill Garrison, NP
- Deborah Leonard, NP
- Lisa Naylor, NP
Deborah Pearson, NP
- Ann Reese, NP
- Adam Schendel, NP
- Kathy Shapiro, FNP
Click here to learn more about giving opportunities through our Office of Partnership and Philanthropy.