Greenville, South Carolina is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The weather offers beautiful seasons and mild winters. The coast and mountains are equally accessible. The surrounding area is popular for many outdoor activities. Paris Mountain, only 10-15 minutes from downtown Greenville, offers views of the surrounding area, hiking, road biking, mountain biking, picnicking and relaxing!
Greenville's award winning downtown area is the arts and entertainment epicenter for the Upstate South, with live entertainment ranging from ballet to baseball. Greenville is also known for its outdoor entertainment which includes jazz concerts, street festivals, farmers' markets, and moonlight movies along the Reedy River. Local theater companies provide intimate settings for performances, while the The Peace Center for the Performing Arts hosts major productions on three performance stages including an outdoor amphitheater. Bob Jones University Museum and Gallery houses one of the most recognized collections of religious artwork in the nation, including works by such artists as Dolci, Rembrandt, Rubens, Titian and Van Dyck.
Quick Facts about Greenville
Greenville, SC Population: 58,754
Greenville SC and Surrounding Area Population: approx. 300,000
Area Code: (864)
Average annual temperature: 59 F
- Named the 2003 winner of the "Great American Main Street Award"
- Downtown Greenville is home to over 130 retail shops and 75 restaurants in a one square mile area.
- One of the only downtowns in the United States with natural waterfalls, surrounded by the Reedy Falls Park with lush gardens and the most unique curved pedestrian suspension bridge overlooking Reedy River falls.
- More than 1,300 condos in the downtown area.
- Over 200 yearly events including weekly music series April through September on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- The Peace Center which offers Broadway productions as well as concerts
- The Bi-Lo Center Arena which is home to a wide range of sporting and concert events
- Greenville has over 51 golf courses. More than 300 waterfalls within a 2 hour drive
- Bike Magazine rated Greenville as a "Top 5 Best Place To Live And Ride"
- 12 State Parks within an hour of Greenville
- The Boston Red Sox Single A Affiliate - The Greenville Drive - play in a brand new stadium in Downtown Greenville, which is rated as a top stadium by Ballpark Digest
- Average high in July 88 degrees
- Average low in January 32 degrees
- Average annual snowfall 2 inches
For more information, please visit www.greenvillesc.gov and www.greenvillecvb.com.