Back to Document
Our goal is to promote excellent working relationships among employees and an environment of care that respects diversity.
Greenville Health System (GHS) trains all new employees in the areas of diversity and patient and family centered care during orientation. We acknowledge and properly deal with issues and concerns related to diversity issues.
We strive to recruit, hire, and retain an employee population that represents the communities we serve. GHS supports community initiatives to benefit diversity and inclusion of all patients.
- Employ an employee population that represents the communities we serve
- Attract and retain highly talented people
- Improve motivation and full engagement of existing staff
- Improve innovation and creativity among employees
- Overcome labor shortages and reduce labor turnover
- Ensure diverse representation among all levels of the organization
- Implement policies for promoting diversity and equality
- Ensure that search and selection processes are carried out in ways that promote diversity and hiring of the best qualified candidates
- Measure success of programs for diversity impact
- Promote excellent working relationships among employees and an environment of care that respects diversity
In our ongoing efforts to increase diversity in the health professions, GHS recognizes that the culture of health professions schools must change. New and nontraditional paths to encourage students to pursue health professions must become the norm.
Among the initiatives that GHS will explore are:
- Building partnerships with schools that focus on issues of diversity.
- Partnering with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) on purposeful projects.
- Aggressively recruit and support minority volunteers, interns, and residents.
- Invest in the business health of the communities we serve and provide expanded resources for workforce development.