Back to Document
Greenville Health System (GHS) is proud to be the presenting partner of "Paul's Gift," WYFF 4's documentary about organ and tissue donation. GHS also is committed to helping solve one of America's growing healthcare problems--the shortage of organs needed to save lives.
Click here to become a registered donor today.
It takes just a few minutes to register, minutes that could save many lives, as the following statistics demonstrate:
- Every 11 minutes a new name is added to the U.S. organ transplant waiting list.
- Today, over 100,000 men, women and children in the U.S. await transplants.
- Right now in S.C., 800 people are waiting for transplants, including the nation’s second-largest percentage of African Americans in need of a kidney.
- Eight lives can be saved through one person’s donation.
- Fifty lives can be improved through tissue donation.
- Your donation of blood also goes a long way. It takes 40 units of blood for the average transplant operation.
Make a difference today. Register now to donate life.